Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Curiosity Killed The Cat, But Curiosity Helps The Man

So you may wonder, "What on earth is that supposed to mean?" Well it would help if I knew the answer... Good thing its my own thought.

According to Wikipedia (Best Source Ever) the phrase is this,
Curiosity killed the cat is a proverb used to warn against being too curious lest one come to harm.
So there you have that side, but how does it help man?

Well if man weren't curious and experimented how would we ever have found out that we can eat chickens? Or who was the first one to pick a mushroom and eat it to find out if it was edible? How about this one, what maniac decided to boil a snail? When did someone figure out that potatoes fried in oil would taste good? Who was the poor guy who found out what a laxative was? The list could go on and on and on... But most of man's strange curiosities have led us to very interesting and helpful discoveries. So I decided to save everyone the trouble of wondering how many times my blog has been read and I put a stat counter under the followers. So if you ever wonder its right there under the followers.

Don't forget to feed the fish :D

1 comment:

  1. Nice counter...but it took awhile to load on this puter..it says 375......I think 368 are me...

    ReplyDelete