Tuesday, November 30, 2010

God is Great, and God is Good.

Just in case you forgot...

I would like to simply express my thankfulness to God. He has always been so good to me, and I have been so ungrateful many times. Too often do I pray to God like a spoiled child, begging for my way and whining about it. I have often been that lousy lazy son that non-chalantly throws things on my generous Father's shoulders, and expects Him to handle it while I sit by lazily and often He has complied with my request regardless.

Thousands of times I have loved things and others more than Him. I have been the rebellious son who walks out of the house against the will of his Father to go party with those I loved more.

I have a Father, who loves me so much that He will always do what is best for me.

I also have a friend in Jesus. Oh what a friend we have in Jesus. But I am such an unfaithful friend to Him. I call Him my best friend around one clique, and another I won't even bring Him up. I often make plans and promises to Him, but push Him aside when the cool guy, or the pretty girl asks me for my time. But He remains faithful. Its hard to understand sometimes, how someone can love someone so unfaithful. Too often have I ignored Jesus when He has tried to talk to me. I have rejected His call, deleted his text message without so much as reading it, and I tend to ignore His letters to me. But He still remains, He calls me all the time, always has some new letter for me. Such a faithful loving friend. Even though I seem to always push Him away He seems to continue to hold me up.

I have a friend, who loves me to death.

You know, I also have a counselor, or perhaps a mentor, perhaps a comforter, or a helper, or perhaps all of those. I really don't like the Words He has for me though. He often cuts down to the deepest parts of my heart and shows me that I am wrong. But I am grateful for Him. He has never led me astray, He always gives me the right advice. He helps me, it seems when I can't do something on my own He helps me. But you would think that I would be relying on Him. But that doesn't always seem to be the case. I like to do things on my own, my way. But so far my success rate has been 0%. He though, always gets it right. I have never received anything wrong from Him, and He has always been right about my wrongs. So you would think I would listen to Him more right? Wrong. But He still directs me, even though I don't always listen, gotta love His patience.

I have a Helper who keeps me going.

I may not do everything right, I may do stupid things. Some people may get mad at me, they may not like something I do. But I have these three, God the Father, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit. And not matter what I do they will always be there for me. Too often I take advantage of God's love for me, I am like the son of a rich father. When a friend asks me, "So what are you going to do this or that?" I just say, "Nothing, my Dad will take care of it." And I too often have that attitude about things. I want to respect God and when asked I want to truly say, "Well I will work hard, and I will ask my Father to help me, can't do it without His help."

I have a problem, with forgetting that God is there for me. I have a problem, with remembering God knows what is best for me. I have a problem remembering that God is Great and God is Good.

So I want to remind myself that God is great. He made the stars, and keeps them in motion. He watches each and every atom as it floats through space. He numbers the sands and can tell you where every grain has moved to. He knows when a bird falls to the ground and dies. He hears that tree that fell in the woods when no one was around.

God is good. He knows the number of hairs on your head. He knows what you ate, even the things you didn't know you ate. He keeps your heart beating, your lungs breathing, your brain working. He made the splendor of the stars, the planets, nature, and He values us above it all. He loves each and every aspect of you. 

He loves you to death by the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment