Thursday, November 18, 2010

Forget-Me-Not

Just got back from camping at Okuma (An airforce beach resort). It was a good time of "retreat" from the battle of everyday life. Pastor Rich Rose from Fuuchu came and spoke to us. Such an good time of encouragement. But while I was there God spoke to me, through the messages, and through the extra time of prayer from lack of sleep haha. But I hmmm, dunno know how to explain haha... But God confirmed the vision of ministry for me while out there... So now story time haha...

When I came out my first semester I had no idea what I wanted to do in ministry. I actually wasn't planning on going into the ministry in my first semester. I simply came to check out the Bible College. My idea was to come, stay a semester; and if I liked it go home, make some money and come back for my second. I had no heart for Japan, or Asia really. I loved Okinawa, and the people, but I never thought of it as my ministry. I was enjoying it out here, and then a change came... We went to Korea on a short missions trip. This trip hit me pretty good concerning ministry. I loved it there. I enjoyed being with the people, encouraging them, and serving them. This is when God really placed a place on my heart for ministry. My ideas changed, and I was like, "Forget Okinawa, I want to go to Korea." haha... But God changed me again, because I was so focused on Korea that I wasn't focusing on Japan. So to back up a bit... I was focused more on Korea and all that, than Okinawa and from the missions trip time until after New Years God was working on me. I did more ministry with the Bible College, and began to love ministry more, but what brought me back to Okinawa was after semester I spent all the break with my family. I began to have a larger burden for my Okinawan family and for the Okinawans.

So God really brought me out and when I was supposed to leave I was convinced to stay for my second semester. During my second semester God really built a love for the Okinawan's and for ministry. I was able to learn more also. This was a time of growth in ministry and love of Japan. Korea was really a back thought for me, and I could now determine to focus on my ministry in Okinawa. So again I stayed in Okinawa, this time for the summer, and during this time God really brought me close to Japan.

During the Summer of Service God brought my heart closer to ministry. I at this time was close to ministry, but I got to see others on fire for ministry also. I was really encouraged by my friends and their love for ministry so it helped me appreciate the joys in ministry more to see others in it. I also grew in my love for Japan. God began to show me that He wanted me to minister in Japan and to be a servant to those in the Church and a messenger to those around. But I did not feel the same about Korea. In fact at this point I forgot about Korea completely.

But then third semester rolled around, and a few things changed for me. I was rather confused to where God wanted me, as home looked like an option and it seemed like God wanted me to go home. All the signs were pointing that way. I missed my family, I saw benefits in going home, and it seemed that God wanted me to go that way. But I kept praying and I could not feel a peace about it. I would pray and things just didn't seem right. I wanted to go home, but I felt God wanted me to stay. So I kept telling myself that God  wanted me to go home, I convinced myself of this even though I felt differently. But I could not keep things that way, and I decided to go with the direction God was leading me. So I decided to be a "missionary" here in Japan, and a student. So I was going to stay for my third, and possibly my fourth. But something unexpected happened for me, and God during my third semester brought back my love for Korea. I had completely forgotten about Korea, but God brought two Korean guys. I was reminded of the love that I had for Korea. Speaking to them, and to the students (who talk a lot more than second semester) about Korea reminded me completely. I completely forgot, and God brought Korea back to me in a way.

But this didn't mean I felt called to Korea. I was just like, "Oh cool, I forgot of the love I had for Korea, and the fact I wanted to go back there." For me it was more of a happy memory during this time. But then the camping trip came around. Through pastor Rich's messages though I felt that call again to ministry in Korea. The thing that he said that made me feel this way was when he talked about sticking or remaining faithful to God's call. God gave me a desire to minister in Korea, and I simply thought, "Oh no way I could ever do that, I would love to... But I am in Okinawa." But I need to remain faithful to that call. Rich also said that we need to step out in faith. God gave me desire to serve there, and I felt called to return, I need to step out in faith and continue to pray about Korea.

But I cam to the conclusion, that I know God wants me to stay in Okinawa, but I believe that He wants me to minister in Korea also. I want to stay in Okinawa, and I am not sure how I would minister in Korea also. But I know that God wants me to also minister in Korea. So I will continue to minister in Okinawa, but I feel that I should not forget about Korea, and be ready to minister there also.

So what does this mean for me? I am wanting to establish myself completely in Okinawa. I want to be a full resident here. Living here and all that jazz. But I am also planning on preparing to minister in Korea. Learning the language, and working on perhaps trying to make more trips there. But one step at a time, and I am in Bible college now, and its all in God's sovereign hands.

So please pray for me in this.
ありがとございます

1 comment:

  1. Btw, Forget-Me-Nots are my favorite flower, and I found them to be an appropriate title.

    ReplyDelete