Thursday, July 28, 2011

Poetry

Spur of the moment writing.

------------------

Woe is me, for I am undone.
I grabbed my bags and started to run.
To places I thought I could run and hide.
But all those things left me empty and dry.

Woe is me for I am a mess.
Lord stop me now I need to confess.
I've littered Your name with filth of words.
And I've left my heart on another's street curb.

Forgive me Lord I have to repent.
Every last ounce of my soul has been spent.
On the cares of this world and material things.
And You've been replaced by all of my bling.

Cleanse me Lord for I cannot see.
How You can see a new creation in me.
Make me new for now I know.
There's nothing inside me to regrow.

Change me Lord to be like You.
As being myself will just not do.
By my power I will be devoured.
By sin and my own infection.
By Your strength I will rise.
And in Your name is my might.

No comments:

Post a Comment